Thursday, November 14, 2013

All The Good Things

I am in the present moment very much lately. I love that. I can look behind me and feel an ache in my heart. I can look ahead and feel the tug of worry in my heart. Mostly I'm right here, right now. Flying, sailing, whatever feeling that comes from going along comfortably, smoothly. I have begun to allow the dark things some room to breathe and exist.  I can have thoughts of anger, resentment, jealousy, wishing a person ill-will and I am more at ease with these things. I know they can't be true, they are my own issues from *waves hand* events past. They are not truly who I am. I thought I had changed, become a new me but it's not that; I am growing into the real me. I smile. I am smiling so much lately for no other reason than that.
The questions that live inside still poke for answers, like children not content with the explanation. But I can do nothing for those questions. I am answerless. They niggle a little and if I have occasion to become wrapped up in them, I can still shed tears for them. But I am 'cleaning up' as the chakra lady said. It's just a bit of a big mess that takes a little extra time, is all.
Yoga has a gym-mat-fad feel in the world. However, at home in the privacy of my bedroom, looking out into the fallen-leaved wood with families of deer frolicking around at breakfast, it is a sensual, albeit sometimes strenuous act. I love the feel of going (and pardon my unyogi-like verbiage) from plank, to yoga push up to cobra to downward dog.  It's effort and gliding, strength and stretching all at once; so satisfying.
mermaid-yoga-kelly-zumberge
The feel of the first sip of hot Earl Grey tea from the ceramic tea thermos that a dear friend recently sent me.  Instant blanket for my insides for cold mornings on busy, inconsiderate roads.
My husband is home for family dinners.  I adore that we all eat together now when for many years, with him as chef for whatever restaurant, it was never possible.  It's a fun routine accompanied by music, telling of our Highs & Lows, belching, chatter, giggles, and of course some stern words to keep knees down, all four chair legs on the floor, and to stop mouths being stuffed with too big a bite.
Life is truly good. Just a tinge of things past to nudge my heart at some point every day. It's ok though; without it, I wouldn't appreciate what I have so I think I can live with the sting.

No comments:

Post a Comment