Thursday, March 27, 2014

Bob and Weave

surrealtime1
Bob and Weave...current companions. Unlike the boxing reference, they lend themselves to a sort of waiting and watching phase.

I am adrift on a banal sea.  It's unsettling so I work at letting it be, which is ironic because letting it be shouldn't require any work.

Reached a creative impasse perhaps; took a dip into the bigger pool and I don't want to return to the small one, where my legs hang over the side and I am unable to immerse myself completely. Taking some time to let the information soak in perhaps. After all this time cranking out little pieces, but dreaming of the next level, I took a successful plunge, and with just a  little more effort. Maybe I'm absorbing, conceiving, ingesting.

Ready to shuck off the last traces of a dead horse; tired of its hanging on, pleading conversations in my head. The back and forth Jekyll and Hyde. Something decisive done there. All that is required now is acceptance of the real truth that some things, some people, some situations will evoke negativity, no matter how I slather it in sweet frosting.

Second chances. I give myself second, third, fourth....many chances. In life, it's how we learn and grow, right? I met a person yesterday who, I just discovered, must be going through a huge second chance. I wouldn't have known about this person's history if their handwriting had been legible but there the story was, on the internet for all to see. Initially, I wanted to find another company, but as the information applied itself, I realized this person deserves my chance, my opportunity. As long as they don't mess with me because this girl can throw a punch.

So, although it may appear that I'm bobbing and weaving in a humdrum sea, I guess there's much more going on behind the scenes. Which is fine; I'll let the outside take a break, eat a Cadbury's Creme Egg, and wait until the little beavers are done catching up.

No comments:

Post a Comment