Thursday, February 6, 2014

Resting.

It used to be that I'd pull one of my boss' chairs askew and sit in the dark inner office to meditate. Or I'd find fifteen minutes when I got home before picking up the kids to sit and be still on the bedroom carpet; my fat kitty's presence palpable beside me and the view of the woods known beyond closed eyelids.
I haven't meditated in a long while; the humdrum of daily life clawed me back into waking, getting ready, bus stops, work, shopping, exercising, cooking, homework, dinner, cleaning, housework and now rehearsals. And, somewhere in there a modicum of sleep. It's shameful to say that I have no time to meditate because there is always time; time is here, time is now. I spend hours alone at work; I could easily practice but I don't.
Like a mental, gentle flick of the wrist, the idea is often dismissed.  The irony being that I won't truly discover why I balk unless I investigate.
I miss nature; her sweet warmth and soul-rejuvenating properties. I miss the Sangha. The awful weather combined with my schedule has made it an impossible venture. I miss introspection. Real, deep, swimming-in-your-soul searching.
Perhaps I'm hibernating; resting while I coast on what I know, with my foot off the soul accelerator. Continuing to abide by my truth; offering lovingkindness to all I meet, addressing emotion, and accepting thought. Getting by satisfactorily until I feel ready to go swimming again. And all the while, aware of that tricky voice which speaks up with reprimands about one's lack of 'doing.'
1233601_10151583637387587_380354574_n

No comments:

Post a Comment