Friday, February 1, 2013

Ch-ch-ch-changes


Welly well well!  Snargles abound finally! 

Oh, and being a totally curious chicky that I am, I found out what snargle actually means which is pretty funny really.  Mind you, I'm extra curious about how one would "wake an animal into unfavorable conditions"...I have images of legs akimbo and long rubber gloves...ahem...

Anyway!  What a whirlwind week pour moi.  I got a job...yes indeedy...an honest to goodness Monday to Friday job and I'm blowing away those business-minded cobwebs to re-learn what I left behind ten years ago, which has proved to be quite an easy task really.  I'm an adaptive sort of person, honed from years of moving, switching and changing.  Seriously, my Dad was in the Navy and we moved every two years for quite some time.  I think those early years planted a gypsy seed.

So, yes, had the interview last Thursday, hired on Friday, started work this past Monday.  And, I resigned my job at the radio station.  And, I've got two plays going on with this...


...yeah, see the the thing at the bottom?  I forget what that's called...that refers to the play I'm in.  I get to say 'son of a bitch' and 'damn' a lot.  Me likee!!  So, come!  Also, I'm wearing a slip onstage, with undies of course, but that's pretty much it.  Oh, and I have to figure out how to put on a pair of tights (panty hose) without getting my bits in everyone's faces. 

Panty hose...panty hose...why panty hose? 

Lots of changes in this British Biscuit's life.  I'm really enjoying P!nk lately and I am bowled over by her latest - "Try".  I had to stick the video in because it's just heartbreaking and breathtaking in it's message and choreography.  You really do have to keep getting up and trying, even when you get burned, even when it's not right.  Just get up and try again. 





Unlike the end of the video though, I decided not to get up and try down a path trodden again and again.  The Universe, Higher Power, God, whatever floats around up there that guides us unseen, but definitely felt, when you make a conscious decision to tune in, handed me opportunities that I noticed.  I took them and here I am. 

A happier, more positive biscuit.

Mind you, with all this activity I have found no time to meditate.  Or exercise.  At the start of the week, I felt flumpy and floopy and out of sorts.  But!  There's an app for that!  GPS for the soul created by Huffington Post.  Daily snips of goodness for the soul which can be accessed at lunchtime or in between helping the kids with their homework and slogging over the mashed potatoes for dinner.  Nice music with inspiring quotes and pretty backgrounds, right?  Sure.  But you can make it personal too by adding your own uplifting crap.  That's how I've been managing to keep in touch with the spirit.  That, and falling asleep to hypnotic meditation apps.  Or listening to another British chick called Shazzie who really doesn't look like a Shazzie, but I love her voice.


I miss the act of sitting on my cushions in the back room upstairs though.  I tried getting up a half an hour earlier to do just that on Monday morning but snuggling under the blankets in bed and breathing in to "so" and out to "hum" seemed a much nicer option.  Finding time to appreciate the good things all round helps to keep in touch with the soul.  For instance, I stopped to get gas yesterday.  It was bitterly cold and windy but I stood outside my car (per the instructions) and while the petrol was pumping, I braced myself against the wind and closed my eyes to feel the force of nature racing against my face.  Last night, after I came home from rehearsals, tired and brain dead, I looked up to see Orion standing proud in the night sky.  Or seeing my triplet of sister Maples in the back yard from the kitchen window...

So, I breathe in and I breathe out and I love where I am.  I just love it.  I'm grateful for everything.  The past, the present and whatever I make of my future.

And, going back to my resignation from radio.  That was a flip-flop decision but ultimately, the right one.  Why would I continue giving my energy to a corporation that doesn't know how to appreciate talent or loyalty?  I loved that job at one time; it gave me solace and solitude to be able to work out a lot of things that needed to be sorted out privately.  It served its purpose and I am appreciative of that but it's time to hang up the headphones and move forward.

Right, must dash.  Enjoy your weekend!  Be safe...be warm...just be.

Lisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment